Frequently Asked Questions
How to join GSOS
Q: Should I register separately for each part of the Global Sources Online Show?
A: No — you only have to register once. Then you can use the same details to attend all three Global Sources Online Show phases.
Q: What are the benefits of being a Registered Buyer?
A: If you are a Registered Buyer, you can attend all Global Sources Online Shows.
- You will also be able to participate in the following sourcing activities:
1:1 Video Meetings
24/7 Live Streaming
RFI & RFQ Sending
Direct Chat with Suppliers
Once you’ve registered, you will be invited to become a Sourcing Club member. A Customer Service Representative will contact you after the show.
GSOS Journey Tips
Q: What is the Global Sources Online Show (GSOS)?
A: GSOS is a new online sourcing platform designed for buyers from around the world to engage and interact with suppliers and source in-demand products across three key sourcing categories.
Q: What sourcing activities can we do at these Online Shows?
A: a. Live Activities / Live Streaming
- Product demos and supplier interviews
- Sharing from KOLs and buyers
- Learn from industry experts and influencers
- Insights on e-commerce and traditional business
- Enjoy world-class performances, celebrity guests
- b. Video Meeting
Meet, network and source
1:1 Live Chat with Supplier
1:1 Video Meeting with Supplier
c. Online Product Sourcing
- d. Send RFIs & RFQs
- e. Availability of live streams in different languages
- Day 1 : English live stream
Day 2 : English live stream
Day 3 : Latin America live stream (Spanish/Portuguese)
Day 4 : Chinese live stream
Day 5 to Day 7 : Please refer to Live Streaming schedule
Q:What else can I do to make my GSOS participation more productive?
A: a. Please take note of the Live Streaming schedule
- These live videos are designed to give you valuable product sourcing advice. In addition, they show product demos, share the latest market insights for the most in-demand product categories.
- b. Set up 1:1 meetings with suppliers
Talk with your preferred suppliers and get to know them better. With GSOS, you can hold 1:1 chats or 1:1 video meetings with the exhibitor of your choice.
- c. Engage with people
- Post comments during the Live Stream to engage with both host and other viewers.
Q:How do I engage with Suppliers on GSOS?
A:1. Source for products using the Search Bar
- Please type your preferred product, selecting “Products” in the search bar
- 2. Product Category
Search for your favorite product by choosing your preferred Product Category
- 3. Source for exhibitor using the Search Bar
- Please type your favourite exhibitor when you select “Exhibitors” in the Search Bar
- 4. Send out RFIs
- Press the “INQUIRE” button and send an RFI to exhibitor
- 5. Chat with supplier directly
- Press the “CHAT” button to chat with the Exhibitor
- 6. Sent out RFQs
- Send RFQs and receive quotations from matching exhibitors.
- 7. Set up a Video Meeting
Set up a 1:1 video meeting to create new business opportunities
Book Your MATCH Virtual Business Meetings
Q: What is Video Meeting?
A: It’s a 1:1 meeting environment that allows buyers to communicate directly and face-to-face with exhibitors.
Q: How can I request a Video Meeting?
A: 1.Go to your favourite Exhibitor and Click the “Video Meeting” in the bottom Button to set up an appointment
- 2.Fill in the creation meeting information. The duration of Every Video is 15 mins
- 3.All of your Video Meeting that you can view created meeting list
- 4.You can view created meeting details
1.When using a computer with a camera and microphone, but still cannot hear the meeting or they cannot hear you, please do the following：
- Use the Chrome browser to open the video meeting and follow the steps below to check whether the device permissions are enabled:
2.Please refer to the following operation version, browser model and version number for video meeting：
|Operating system||Browser type||Minimum Version||Play||Microphone|
|Mac OS||Safari Desktop version||11+||Support||Support|
|Mac OS||Chrome browser for desktop version||47+||Support||Support|
|Windows||Chrome browser for desktop version||52+||Support||Support|
|Windows||QQ browser for desktop version||10.2||Support||Support|
|iOS||Safari mobile version||11.1.2||Support||Support|
|iOS||WeChat integrated webpage||12.1.4||Support||Not Support|
|Android||QQ mobile version||–||Not Support||Not Support|
|Android||UC mobile version||–||Not Support||Not Support|
|Android||WeChat integrated webpage||–||Not Support||Not Support|
Check your device’s camera and mic settings to ensure your Video Meeting goes smoothly.
Go to Settings –>“Privacy” –> “Camera”–> And turn on “Allow apps to access your microphone
Go to “Settings” –>“Privacy”–> “Microphone” –> And turn on “Allow apps to access your microphone”
For Mac OS:
Go to “Settings”–> “Security & Privacy”–> “Privacy” –> “Camera”–> And make sure to allow the app you’re using to access your camera
Go to “Settings” –> “Security & Privacy” –> “Privacy” –>“Microphone” –> And make sure to allow the app you’re using to access your microphone
Q: Search by Product
A: a. Through the search bar
- Select “Products” in the Search Bar and type your desired product to search.
- b. Search by Exhibitor
Select “Exhibitors” in the Search Bar and type your desired exhibitor to search.
- c. Search by Product Category
- Search for your favorite product by choosing your preferred Product Category
Q: How can I get in touch with a supplier?
A: 1. Send an RFI
- Press the “INQUIRE” button to send an RFI (inquiry) to the exhibitor.
- 2. Chat with exhibitor directly
- 3. Send an RFQs
Send RFQs and receive quotations from matching exhibitors.
- 4. Set up a Video Meeting
- 5. How can I store my favorite products and exhibitors on GSOS.com?
- Mark your preferred products and suppliers as “Favorite” by simply clicking on the heart icon
Tips for Product Sourcing
- Use the Search Bar
- Use Product Categories
- Send an RFI / RFQ
- Chat with supplier
- Set up a 1:1 Video Meeting with exhibitor
- Attend our Live Streaming to get more sourcing ideas and insight on trends
- Mark as ‘Favorite’ your preferred products and suppliers by clicking on the heart icon
Sourcing Requests – RFI & RFQ
Q: How can I let exhibitors know about my sourcing requirements?
A: You can let exhibitors know about your sourcing requirements by sending them any of these:
- 1. RFI
- Non-targeted sourcing requests; once exhibitor receives this, they usually reply within 24 hours
- Targeted sourcing request; you can also set up a 1:1 video meeting with the exhibitor after RFQ is submitted
Q: How do I send an RFQ?
A:Just click on the “Request for Quotations” button and send RFQs to matching exhibitors
Q: How do I send an RFI?
A: Press the “INQUIRE” button to send an RFI
Q: How can I get the most suitable response through RFI & RFQ?
A: GSOS provides you with a platform to engage your preferred exhibitors.
- We suggest that when you send an RFQ, make sure to select your favorite exhibitor and set up a 1:1 video meeting.
- In advance of your meeting, you can send them inquiries for specific questions and ideas you’d like to discuss during the video meeting.
- If you encounter the product sourcing issues, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team to seek advice.
Q: What is Live Streaming?
A: These are videos that are available live and, later, on demand 24/7 – deliver valuable sourcing content including Live Presentations, Product Demos and more
- Our streaming content is free to watch and we encourage you to interact with the speakers and fellow viewers by leaving comments for each video.
Q: How can I join the Live Streaming?
A: Please click here to see the program schedule
Q: Can I watch replay or Live programs?
A: Yes – look for the icon at the upper left-hand corner of each video:
Q: When can I reach the Global Sources Customer Service Team?
A: Our Customer Service Team is available 24/7 to help you, so please do not hesitate to contact us.
Q: How can I send my feedback to you?
A: Please email email@example.com and our team will reply to your query as soon as we can.
Q: How can I contact Global Sources Customer Service Team?
A: You can reach us in several different ways:
Hotline: +852 8121 2000
For English, please press 1
For Cantonese, please press 2
For Mandarin, please press 3